Pre-Licensure Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
CCU’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Pre-Licensure Nursing Bachelor’s Degree, BSN
The Pre-Licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing option is a state-wide nationally accredited program designed for first time nursing students who have not previously held a nursing license. Our Pre-Licensure curriculum provides an intensive, state of the art educational experience that combines theory, laboratory (skills and simulation) and clinical learning. All courses are delivered in a blended format (combination of face-to-face and online learning) allowing our students the opportunity for more flexibility than most traditional programs.
Grounded in not only liberal arts and sciences, but biblical truth, the Pre-Licensure curriculum prepares students to be highly competent, compassionate, moral nurse leaders and challenges them to impact both their profession and their world. At CCU, nursing is not simply a profession, but a ministry; an opportunity to serve others with compassion and excellence as if serving the Lord.
- BSN Degree: 120 credit hours (60 nursing major core, 9 CCU core, 18 biological sciences, 33 general education and electives)
- Nursing Major: Comprised of 14 courses over 24 months
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Higher Learning Commission
- Class Format:
- The majority of nursing courses are offered one at a time
- Nursing courses are 5 or 10 weeks in length and all are delivered in a blended format (contain both face-to-face and online learning components)
- Students are typically involved in face-to-face learning 2-3 days/week
- Classroom and lab experiences are offered on consistent days of the week. Although lab experiences could occur in the evening, all classroom sessions are held during daytime hours.
- Clinical days/times will vary throughout the program and could include day, evening, or night shifts. Work/life schedules will need to be flexible as clinical experiences are mandatory
- In-seat classes are held at the Lakewood and Grand Junction centers. Grand Junction is connected to live Lakewood instruction via a Polycom video conferencing system
- Labs on the Front Range are held at Lutheran Medical Center and in the learning lab at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction
- Students typically complete clinical hours within a home-based hospital or hospital system. Although our clinical coordinator attempts to place students near their place of residence, this is not a guarantee and travel will be required.
- Associate Degrees: Health Care Administration, A.S.
- Bachelor’s Degrees: RN to BSN Degree Completion ; Health Care Administration, B.S.
- Master’s Degrees: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Certificates: Health Care Administration
Nursing program benefits
- Experience nursing from a biblical perspective
- Christ-centered community of learners
- Small class sizes
- Program delivered in alternative format
- Upon graduation eligible to sit for RN Licensure