#how to apply for a credit card
Applying for a Credit Card
Obtaining a credit card is a simple process that can give you more purchasing power and help you build your credit history. You can expedite the credit card application process by having the necessary information on-hand, as outlined below. Also, if you’re still unsure as to which card is right for you, let CIBC assist you in selecting one.
Required information for credit card application
In order to complete a credit card application, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- Full legal name and date of birth
- Home address, phone number and email address
- Current and previous employers
- Gross annual income
- Social Insurance Number (optional)
- Information on other credit cards you hold
Note that missing information could delay the approval process or result in a denial. If you’re unsure of how to answer a question, you can call CIBC customer care at 1-800-465-4653 .