Credit Card Verification
Experian’s real-time authentication service for merchants is the only industry tool that verifies the full credit card number against a consumer’s identity through reported trade line activity. Authentication at the point of purchase is critical to safeguarding your customer’s information and your business creating an environment that reduces fraud and enables business growth.
- Automated authentication capabilities easily uncovers fraudulent behavior and creates operational efficiencies.
- Unique technology verifies full credit card number against a consumer’s identity via reported trade line activity.
- Verifies transactions in seconds rather than minutes.
- Access to Experian’s File One SM credit database containing information on more than 220 million credit-active consumers.
- Fraud alerts on closed accounts, lost or stolen credit cards, and victim statements.
- Multiple access methods include real-time or batch processing, instant Web-based processing, XML delivery which allow transparent integration with your internal platforms or consumer-facing Web sites.
Real-time Authentication to Check Credit Card Number Billing Information
How Does it Work?
Integrated Fraud Alert Data
One of seven match codes are returned
Output account data
Customer match data
- M = Full match
- P = Partial match
- C = Match, but account is closed
- L = Match, but card is lost or stolen
- E = Invalid card number
- X = No record or security alert
- N = No match
- Subscriber name
- Card open date
- Credit limit/ Current balance
- Match level
- Card status
- Standardized address
- Data of birth
- Social Security number
- Driver s license data
- Full name
Get additional fraud alerts such as recent change of address, high-risk addresses, victim statements and other potential identity theft activity indicators.
Criminals are constantly seeking new ways to take advantage of vulnerabilities and fraud is an ever-growing expensive problem affecting all financial institutions and merchants. Linking a consumer s name and address to the card they are using significantly helps verify legitimate transactions and reduces fraudulent losses.
Credit card verification for balance transfers
Credit card verification for merchants
to the person requesting the balance transfer.
Ensures that the credit card being used to make a
purchase via the internet actually belongs to the
person presenting the card.
Get More Information
Would you like to talk to someone at Experian about products or services? Please submit the form below and we’ll be in touch with you soon.