EKU Dual Credit 2015-16
EKU s dual credit program is open to high school and home school juniors and seniors, residing in Kentucky, who meet the eligibility requirements, and whose school is partnering with EKU in this endeavor. This program provides the opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to enroll in EKU courses for dual credit – receiving college credit from EKU and high school credit from their high school.
Studies have shown that students who participate in dual credit programs:
● Are better prepared for college level work
● Tend to enroll full-time in college after high school graduation
● Complete their college work more quickly and successfully
● Are able to save thousands of dollars in tuition
● Are able to fully transfer most, if not all, of their EKU courses to other universities (refer to: http://soto.eku.edu/transferstudents/course-equivalency )
How do I qualify?
● You must be a junior or senior in high school residing in Kentucky.
● You must have a high school GPA of 3.0 and ACT/PLAN scores on file with EKU at the time you apply for the program.
● You must have minimum ACT/PLAN scores of 18 in English, 20 in Reading and a Composite ACT score of 20 at the time of application to the program*.
● Your high school or home school must be a participating partner. (Check with your guidance counselor.)
* KYOTE or COMPASS test scores may be substituted if ACT sub-scores do not meet minimum requirements. SAT equivalencies are also accepted.
Can I take more than one course per semester?