Human Resources Management
Effective HR management leaders put individuals in a position to succeed. We do the same thing at Excelsior College: We help adult students succeed by offering a fast, affordable route to an Master of Business Administration (Human Resources Management) .
A national leader in distance learning for more than 40 years, Excelsior College can help you fit an MBA program into your schedule and budget. Our human resources management concentration features:
- Online classes that you take at your convenience.
- A fast track to graduation, with liberal credit-transfer policies that get the most out of your previous education (including approved military classes and professional certificates).
- Budget-friendly tuition, financial aid, and flexible payment options. (Get the exact figures on Excelsior’s low tuition and fees. )
- Rigorous HR management classes that are academically equivalent to traditional on-campus programs.
- Personalized academic advising and support.
- Sensitivity to the particular educational needs of working adults.
Here’s how an Excelsior College MBA can help you fast forward your career.
A Practical MBA With a Real-World Focus
Excelsior’s MBA programs emphasize practical workplace knowledge over theoretical learning. You’ll take online HR management classes in subjects such as:
- Labor relations
- Conflict resolution
- Compensation and benefits
Review the degree requirements for Excelsior’s online MBA program.
Upon completion of an Excelsior College Master of Business Administration, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences orally and in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply project management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
The MBA requires 36 – 51 credits, depending on a student’s prior learning. Students may transfer in up to 24 approved credits. The program has 5 foundation requirements that can be waived on the basis of prior upper level undergraduate study in the relevant areas. Approved undergraduate courses must be no older than 10 years, with a grade of B or better. The foundation requirements are:
- Organizational Behavior
- Quantitative Analysis
Any waivers will be counted as part of the 24 credits allowed in transfer. See catalog for further details.
IACBE Specialized Accreditation
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org . The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Business Administration.