OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry
The OSHA Outreach Training Program for Construction Industry provides training for entry level workers and employers on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces in Construction industry. The program also provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint. Through this training, OSHA helps to ensure that workers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights. Students who successfully complete the CareerSafe OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry course receive an OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI). Printable Course Description (pdf)
- Introduction to OSHA (Part 1)
- Introduction to OSHA (Part 2)
- StartSafe StaySafe®
- Materials Handling
- Hand Power Tools
- Health Hazards in Construction
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Fall Hazards (Part 1)
- Fall Hazards (Part 2)
- Struck-By Hazards
- Caught-In or Between
- Electrocution Hazards
- Crane Operations
- Welding Cutting
- Hazardous Communications
By completing the CareerSafe OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry training, students:
- Develop a safety mindset and learn valuable skills for their future
- Know their worker rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint
- Receive a wallet card from the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) that demonstrates to employers that they have received safety training needed in the workplace
- Become more employable, gaining a competitive advantage in the job market
Students must satisfy all OSHA requirements prior to receiving the OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry wallet card:
- Must pass all assessments with a grade of 70% or higher. If the student is unable to pass a topic assessment within the required 3 times they will be allowed one additional attempt but must repeat the topic module. If a student is unable to pass the final assessment within 3 attempts the student can receive one free reset of the course. But the course must be started over from the beginning.
- Must complete the course within six (6) months from the course enrollment date.
- Must spend a minimum of two (2) days taking the course with no more than 7 1/2 hours (450 Minutes) in a single day.
- Must view and complete all course material, including the course survey.
The cost for the CareerSafe® OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Training is $25 per student.
To purchase student vouchers, visit our course catalog.
To receive additional information on the CareerSafe OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry, please click here.